Friday, November 13, 2009

Proof of My Patriotism

Last Wednesday, I went to a meeting at school regarding an essay contest that involved America. The topic: Does America Still Have Heroes? Now, I could have written about the biggest American hero of all: Michael "Xavier" Youd. But no, I went into the soldiers, and the truck drivers, and the person who sees the rainbow from the rain (Yes, lyrics from "Desperado" were used). And it appeared to pay off. I now have a 2nd place honor and I'll get $20 (Most American dollar bill), and my essay goes on. Do I regret not talking about me? Absolutely. Will I have to live with it? I suppose so. But, what can I say, I'm American!

Michael "Xavier" Youd

PS-That's right. What can be more patriotic than a bear devouring a fish?

3 comments:

  1. Mr. X-

    What would you suggest is the best (read: "most American") way to spend such a prize?
    Please break it down as thoroughly as possible.
    Yours,

    Dear Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about a man shooting the bear that caught the fish, and then devouring both the bear and the fish? oh, the man may or may not be wearing an American flag leather jacket, purchased with money earned from writing American Essays. Now that is a hero that knows how to spend his prize money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Abby,

    I know exactly how to spend $20 of American Prize Money. Let me break it down for you.

    $5.50-Crane Game
    $2.25-McDouble/Ice Cream Sundae at McDonalds
    $7.00-Frozen Food at Walmart (Your preference, Potato Skins recommended)
    $6.00-Multiple Pez Dispensers
    $0.25-1 Gumball from the fanciest machine

    For Seth and Brette,
    Although an American Leather Jacket is very suitable for American Prize Money, this is normally only acceptable for $50 prizes or more. But your opinion is respected. Also, I like the idea of a man shooting my picture, but unfortunately, Google search was unable to find that. Curse you, Google.

    MXY

    ReplyDelete