Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Top 25 Moments of 2009- 21

21. MMEA Madness

Ever since I joined band, our bipolar band teacher, Mr. Edwards, has had the strangely large desire to go to the MMEA Conference held every January near Lake of the Ozarks. Finally, this year proved that we were capable of handling this excitement. Excitement. Excitement? Exciteiwanttokillmyselfaftergoingtothatboringconferencement. Filled with dull band directors, tired students, and way too much S.W.A.G. for comfort, the MMEA conference was slightly boring. And the last thing I needed was the flu. But lo and behold, the day of MMEA came, and I was as sick as could be, barely holding in vomit. Here's my face. Note that I had showered twice and this was before the uniform got me sweaty.

So why is this on my top 25 moments of 2009? Firstly, I got to experience what Mr. Edwards considers exciting. Also, now that I look back on the event, it seems that it was one of those events that was so boring/awful, that it almost became fun. For instance, we did get to go and tour a dam. It made me want to gouge my eyes out with a plastic spork, but instead, I spent the majority of the tour signing the guest book under false aliases (Johnny Thunder, Brad Pitt, Minnie Mouse, etc.) with other cocky freshmen. So overall, this not-so-fun fun-nessity was strange enough to make it into the top 25 moments of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment